Acupressure has been used for thousands of years in China and there is actually mention of the bed of nails in ancient Chinese texts believed to date back over 2,000 years. The accupressure mat works by using small plastic spikes to stimulate these acupressure points on the back. Traditionally the points running down the back next to the spine were called the back shu points and each point was understood to influence the health of a particular organ. Lying on the Euro mat can stimulate each of these points and receive the health benefits of an acupressure back massage at home. In as little as 30 minutes you can stand on your mat, lye on it or strap it to a part of the body that requires attention and experience the benefits. Acupressure mats work and are derive from Traditional Chinese Medicine and complimentary therapy known as acupressure therapy. Apply pressure by lying on an acupressure mat and it can help poor circulation and over long term use improve your quality of life.
Read more about the acupressure mat below the products.
The acupuncture mat was refined in Russia in the 1970s. A man by the name of Ivan Kuznetzov used a mat of his own creation to dramatically improve his personal health problems. He then patented the first European acupuncture mat using plastic spikes.
This acupressure mat was widely researched in Russia and used by many Doctors to assist poor sleeping, low energy, improve stress, and relieve back and shoulder pain as well as tension.
A researcher by the name of Tanya Zilberter who was involved in studying the acupressure mats in Russia, later wrote her story and continued her research on the acupressure mats in the USA (1). In her book she suggests that the acupuncture mats probably work by naturally regulating the body’s endorphins.Her study indicated that of the 126 subjects involved in her American research -
• 98% reported pain relief.
• 96% reported relaxation.
• 94% reported an improvement in the quality of sleep.• 81% reported an increase in energy levels.
Her study in the USA indicates that the acupressure mat may be able to relieve a far wider range of issues than listed here and the future research will be eagerly awaited!
Zilberter, T. & Roman, J. (1999). Reflexo-Therapy With Mechanical Skin Stimulation: Pilot Study, Community Wholistic Health Center, Carrboro, North Carolina, Presented at the International Symposium on Integrative Medicine, May 26-28, 1999, Omega Institute, NY.
EUROMAT ACUPRESSURE MAT BENEFITS
The Euromat is the first acupressure mat to be completely designed and hand-made in the EU for European users and has received multiple awards.
In comparison to other acupressure mats on the market it is
1. Larger to accommodate European backs
2. Safer as it uses only food grade plastic rather than cheaper ABS plastic, which is photosensitive. The plastic spikes are also attached without the use of potentially toxic glues.
3. More comfortable as it is the only mat to use memory foam to contour to your unique shape.
4. Ethical as the mat only uses materials sourced in the EU and both the foam and the cotton have full confidence in textiles certification.
5. Practical as the unique Velcro straps allow it to be easily applied to limbs to assist leg or knee problems. The straps also allow very easy storage.
The Euro mat comes with full instructions for use and the EUROMAT cleaner can be purchased separately to kill bacteria if you are planning to share the mat.
To learn more about the benefits of the EUROMAT acupressure mat please follow the link to read the full product specifications.