The White Lotus stretch mark treatment is designed to produce dramatic stretch mark reduction by employing the science of micro needling to break down the old misaligned collagen fibres and produce a completely new layer of collagen in its place.
White Lotus Stretch Mark Treatment (Striae Treatment)
Derma rollers have the ability to dramatically increase collagen production in the skin. It has been shown that their use can-
• Increase the induction of collagen in the skin by up to 1,000% after a single treatment (1).
• Increase the absorption of products through the skin by up to 1,000 times (2).
What is less well-known is that in addition to creating a complete new layer of collagen, derma rollers actually break down old misaligned collagen fibres by stimulating an increase in the collagenase enzymes.
These enzymes then break down misaligned fibres and remove them from the area. A completely new matrix of collagen is then formed below this layer which moves up and replaces the old layer. This creates a new smoother appearance to the skin.
Stretch marks are formed where the skin has torn during stretching. Where this tearing takes place the collagen fibres actually misalign and run parallel instead of the healthy basket weave pattern.
A study conducted in 2010 on 22 women showed that when stretch marks are treated with a derma roller there is a significant increase in both collagen and elastin fibres in the area following treatment (3). This has provided strong support to what is already a popular and well-reviewed treatment.
Stretch Mark Research
How do I get rid of stretch marks?
In order to reduce the appearance of stretch marks including stretch marks after pregnancy the derma roller should be applied once every two weeks over a period of at least three months. Many sites recommend treatments more often than this, but as the levels of collagenase peak after two weeks performing further treatments during this time will only lead to unnecessary inflammation.
Needle length must also be considered. Wherever possible, White Lotus recommends the shortest needles which will achieve the desired results. In the case of stretch marks longer needles may often be required.
This is due to the often thick stretch mark or scar tissue on the surface of the skin. Longer needles are often required to pass through this to healthier tissue below where new collagen can be stimulated. For this reason the White Lotus Stretch Mark pack contains a 1mm derma roller.
The earlier you work on stretch marks the better the results will be. It is far better to work on red stretch marks as soon as the skin has stabilised. This will achieve faster results than with white stretch marks but both will show dramatic improvement.
How do I get rid of stretch marks at home?
Combining the derma roller with the White Lotus organic stretch mark serum you can effectively assist stretch marks at home and achieve a dramatic improvement in the appearance of striae.
The organic serum assists in two ways
• It assists the induction of collagen directly
• It reduces the dryness and photo-sensitivity which can follow a derma roller treatment
Combined they create one of the most effective home remedies for stretch marks available.
The stretch mark remover pack is available in the White Lotus shop.
1. Schwartz et al, 2006, internet paper. Abstract re ections about COLLAGEN-INDUCTION-THERAPY (CIT) A Hypothesis for the Mechanism of Action of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) using Micro-Needles; 1st edition February 2006. 2nd revision January 2007 Horst Liebl
2. Henry, S. McAllister, D.V. Allen, M.G. Prausnitz, M.R. (1998). Microfabricated microneedles: a novel approach to transdermal drug delivery. J Pharm Sci. Aug87(8), 922-925. Orentreich, D.S. Orentreich, N. (1995). Subcutaneous incisionless (subcision) surgery for the correction of depressed scars and wrinkles. Dermatol Surg. Jun21(6). 543-5493. Aust, M.C., Vogt, P. M. & Knobloch, K. (2010). Percutaneous collagen induction therapy as a therapeutic option for striae distensae. Plast Reconstr Surg. Oct 126(4), 219e-220e.